Monday, August 25, 2008

Baseball Blitz & Other Tidbits


The biggest and best news of the day is that Courtney turned in her last prelims question today as she gets ready to start Year 2 of her PhD program. Everyone keep their fingers crossed as she waits to hear back on the results of her prelims, although I'm very confident that she did fine.

The highlight of our weekend would have to either be the rousing game of Clue we played on Saturday night or our trip to Busch Stadium for the Cardinals/Braves game on Sunday afternoon. We're headed back to the ballpark Tuesday night thanks to some half-price tickets to watch the Cards take on the Brewers as the two teams battle for the NL Wildcard slot.

Sunday's game was fun, with Pujols hitting a home run and the Cards winning. Also, both Courtney and I won some random Cardinals items in some pregame festivities for having a library card and a picture of a family pet (Chester on the credit card). When asked to introduce ourselves, we both said we were from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and when the guy asked me how it was going to be a Cardinals fan in North Carolina, I said "Not well."

As for the Clue game, well, I thought I had it won, but I guessed wrong on the room in which Ms. Peacock used the rope.

Friday night was a Wii evening, with the previously posted Wii Fit video and also some Wii Sports being played, where I found out how to hit a really hard serve in tennis. Courtney's friend Keefe, also a PhD student, is staying with us for a few weeks while he finishes up his research (he's since moved from St. Louis to California with his wife). Keefe actually won both in Wii Bowling and Clue, so he's not really a welcome addition to the house at this point. I did destroy him in Wii Tennis, though.

Between seeing some Braves fans yesterday and the band "Dixie Authority" playing in the park across the street last night while I was walking the dog, it almost felt like I was back in North Carolina.

No comments: