Saturday, August 30, 2008

31 on the 31st.



As many of our readers may already know, tomorrow is Matt's birthday.  We've decided to really make a weekend out of it. Last night we went to the racetrack nearby with some friends from the biology department, in order to bet on the ponies. The horse we bet on for Mom, Bastille Lad, unfortunately didn't manage to come through. However, the horse we bet on for Tex, AJ's payday, won big in the last race. Tonight we're off to the St. Louis greek festival for some very delicious spanakopita (and whatever meaty things Matt might eat) with Beth and Ram. Tomorrow, we're going out to the Drunken Fish for sushi. Monday, Matt is going golfing with some friends who go to school with me. So, it should be a pretty full and fun weekend. 

On tuesday, while we were out at the baseball game, I asked Matt what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He told me he didn't want to be pampered for his birthday, mistakenly thinking that if I didn't pamper him on his birthday, he would be off the hook in February. After clearing that up, he finally told me he would like an angel food cake with chocolate frosting. So this afternoon, I started baking my first "from scratch" cake following a recipe from my Williams-Sonoma CAKES book.
It came out looking pretty good. Let's just hope it tastes wonderful too!

With that, I encourage you all to leave Matt a little birthday love in the comments. 

Happy birthday, honey. I promise that I tried my hardest on this cake and if it turned out badly I wasn't trying to poison you. After all, I haven't taken out that extra life insurance yet. ;) 

Love,
Courtney

No comments: